A multi-talented artist based in Sydney, Australia - Monique Dery-Boyer paints using design, colour and nature elements.
Finalist, The Kirribilli Centre 40th Anniversary Art Prize 2016
Monique's painting "The Burning" has been included in the the Kirribilli Centre 40th Anniversary Art Prize 2016. The show will be open to the public on Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8 at 16-18 Fitzroy Street, Kirribilli Sydney.
Finalist, Linden Postcard Show, 2015
Monique has been selected to participate in the Linden Postcard Show, 2015. The exhibition runs from Saturday, September 19 to Saturday November, 21, 2015 at 26 Acland Street, St.Kilda, Victoria
Warringah Art Prize 2015
One of Monique's more recent paintings "A Singular Pear" has been selected for inclusion in the Warringah Art Prize 2015. The exhibition opens on Thursday, August 27, 2015 and runs through to September 6, 2015.
Artists of Mosman 2088
Monique is pleased to be participating in the Artists of Mosman 2088 exhibition at the Mosman Art Gallery. The exhibition opens on Saturday, April 11, 2015 and runs until Sunday May 3. Monique's art will hang alongside other Mosman artists as well as friends of the Mosman Art Gallery.
North Shore Times
Monique was recently featured in an article in the March 13, 2015 edition of the North Shore Times. Monique discussed her involvement in the Ku-ring-gai Council’s exhibition which opens on Friday, March 20, 2015 and runs until April 10, 2015. A number of Monique's students will have work featured and Monique will also contribute some pieces to the exhibition.
Northridge Art Prize
Monique is pleased to announce that she has been chosen as one of the finalists for the 2014 Northbridge Art Prize for her piece "Just A Pear". The show runs from September 12 to September 24, 2014 at Gallery 307, which is located at 307 Sailors Bay Road in Northbridge, New South Wales.
Update - "What's your favourite" sold for $11,000
Monique is pleased to announce that her Taronga Wild! Rhino "What's your favourite" was sold at a gala fundraising auction on Wednesday May 14th, to the amount of $11,000 (AUD).
Proceeds from this auction will help fund Taronga’s world-leading Black Rhinoceros breeding program, as well as field conservation programs supporting rhino populations overseas.
Other artists who also produced rhinos for this great cause include iconic Australian artist Ken Done, leading fashion designer Camilla Franks, Archibald, Sulman and Dobel Prize winner Kevin Connor and artistic queen of the found object Jane Gillings.
Monique recently participated in the Taronga Wild! Rhinos from Sydney to Dubbo exhibit between February 2 - April 28, 2014.
Monique's Rhino "What’s your favourite?" is on display at the top entrance of the zoo and is displayed within the free area prior to entering.
The Gala Auction takes place on May 14, 2014
- Hunters Hill Art Prize Finalist - May, 2014
- 2nd Prize St. Ives Show - May, 2012
- Mosman Art Prize Finalist - July, 2008
- The Botanical Art Society of Australia, Sydney 1st prize in Pushing The Boundaries - September, 2007
- International School of Colour and Design, Sydney Award for Excellence in Creativity, Colour and Design - December, 2003
- Art Therapist, Lansdowne Gardens, Residential Aged Care, Neutral Bay, Sydney - Current
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre, Colour, Up Close and Personal - Current
- Art Therapist, Kopwa Archbold House, Age Care Guide, Roseville Sydney - Current
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre, Children Holiday Program - Current
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre, Understanding Colour and Design Class of 12 students 2008 – Current
- Private art lessons – Ongoing
- Colour and Design Consultant – Ongoing
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre, Sydney & Ewart Gallery Sydney, Life Sculpture - 2004
- Botanical Art, Sydney taught by Barbara Goldin - 2000-2003
- International School of Colour and Design, Sydney, Certificate lll in Applied Colour and Design - December, 2003
- International School of Colour and Design, Sydney, Diploma in Creative Visual Arts, specialisation: Colour Consulting History of Art, Melbourne, by teacher Robert Gill, 1989
- Melbourne School of Art, Graphic and Design, 1986 - 1989